Today TeamSpeak Systems did release TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.1, which fixes a few bugs and some sound issues some people were having. This version has been stewing in the beta channel for a few days already, so those with their client configured for beta channel already have this.
Complete list of changes
=== Client Release 3.0.1 12 Aug 2011
* On machines that have a center speaker (like surround 5.1 and surround 7.1) changed the output channels for 1 channel sound to front left+right speakers (was center speaker). This fixes issues for people who have no center speaker connected even though their sound card is configured for surround sound.
- Fixed "Assertion channels==0".
- Fixed UTF-8 usage in plugins API, stylesheets, package installer, soundpacks and updater.
- Fix sound issue on Mac for unknown/mono sound output devices
- Fix assert in recordeditor when clientplugins modified captured sound data
- clientquery: Fix issue where no ERROR_ok was returned when running clientupdate
- clientquery: Documentation tweaks
- Fixed possible crash with tsdns resolve
- Fixed bug where ptt stayed active when whispering on a second tab