Greetings everybody, TeamSpeak Systems is pleased to announce their release of TeamSpeak 3 client version "3.0.0-rc2" aka RC2.
Compared to their last stable release, RC1, there are several noteworthy changes:
- Replaced the RC1 sound pack with two new ones. One female and one male (you can choose between the two in the set-up wizard or in Settings > Options > Notifications). Also the old mic click sounds are back.
- To allow easily (e.g. double click) installation of addons you can now create zip files with special file suffix that are extracted to the right location by a nice dialogue. TeamSpeak Systems recommends any addons to be bundled like this for ease of use. Supported endings are: .ts3_plugin .ts3_style .ts3_soundpack .ts3_iconpack .ts3_translation .ts3_addon
Detailed instructions for addons developers can be found in the TeamSpeak.com forums.
- Domains with non-ASCII characters work again (they were broken by the RC1 release).
- Multiple fixes to the sound system (capture/playback), particular with Windows XP based PCs.
Complete list of changes
=== Client Release 3.0.0-rc2 08 Jun 2011
+ Added banner resize mode to virtualserver settings.
+ Channel context menu "unsubscribe from channel family" is available as soon as any subchannel is subscribed.
+ "Set Avatar" now is disabled without permission.
+ Added package installer for easy plugins/styles/soundpacks etc. one-click installations.
* Plugin authors note: requestChannelSubscribe and requestChannelUnsubscribe now take an array of channelIDs as parameter instead of a single channelID.
* Exchanged default soundpack with male and female soundpacks.
* Added soundpack page to setup wizard to select one of male or female.
* Select and scroll to own client after connecting.
* Fixed switching a fullscreen game to desktop when client is minimized and showing the "warn while muted", the "entering moderated channel", the "force push-to-talk" or the "maximum amount of clients reached" dialog.
* Client and server log windows now save and restore log level checkbox states.
* Added "Debug" checkbox to control debug output in client log window.
* Added "Delete" to channel permission to set i_channel_needed_delete_power.
* Plugin API: Added returnCode parameter to sendPluginCommand
- Support for international domain names readded.
- Removed validation of input text from connection connect and bookmark address field, so that every address can be used.
- Fixed possible crash in AppScanner plugin with Umlauts.
- Added a missing separator within an invitation.
- Moved rest of the sounds into soundpack for more customized handling.
- Fixed that poke dialog no longer opens when nickname was changed.
- Changed the Push-To-Talk tooltip lines which were displayed in wrong order.
- Fixed displaying port when connected via invitation.
- Fixed errordisplay when family subscriptions on channels fail.
- Fixed dropping images from filebrowser into channel description when connected on multiple servers.
- Fixed context menu to copy offlinemessage text.
- Limited the last mentioned URLs in systemtray context menu to 10.
- Fixed that image-descriptions near avatar are sometimes written over the edge
- Image in channel description was broken when overwritten with same name.
- Fixed that offline messages throws a warning when recipient wasn't found on the server.
- Don't save empty subscribed channels list when quickly disconnecting again from a server, loosing the subscribed channels.
- Fixed problem when binding hotkeys while joysticks were active that "pressed" a button constantly.
- Fixed that TeamSpeak does not start as a result of broken input device drivers. If detected TeamSpeak will at least start without usable hotkeys.
- Fixed ts3server:// links being overwritten by autoconnect bookmarks when a bookmark for the linked server already exists.
- Windows installer no longer allows installing the 64-bit client on 32-bit operating systems.